Sports First Aid is designed for coaches and sports volunteers as well as teachers, players, and volunteers. The course is also ideal if someone would like to feel more comfortable dealing with minor sports injuries or illnesses.
The course aims to give a strong working knowledge of practical first aid procedures including:
- First Aid and the Law
- CPR and Choking
- Basic Anatomy
- Recovery Position
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Management of Burns/Poisons/Medical Conditions
There are also practical sporting based scenarios. These can be, by request, specific to your sport.
On completion of the Sports First Aid course the participants will be able to:
- Operate in accordance with the accepted roles and responsibilities of a sports first aider.
- Prepare and implement an injury prevention program.
- Assist with warm-up, stretching and cool down.
- Assist with fluid replacement.
- Follow defined Sports First Aid crisis management strategies.
- Follow defined Sports First Aid immediate injury management strategies.
Upon completion a Certificate of Attendance will be issued.
To book a place contact David on 044 9390208 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If clubs wish to have any of our courses delivered at their own venue please contact us, and we will try and arrange a time and date that suits your members.