The Sports Inclusion Disability Officer, (SIDO) Mary Duignan, works towards increasing participation by introducing people with a disability to sport and active recreation through working in partnership with all stakeholders.
This aim is achieved by:
- Establishing new and sustainable clubs.
- Linking with local disability organisations around the assessment of needs and provision of opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Promoting the participation of people with disabilities in sport and physical activity.
- Communicating with all relevant disability sports organisations to enhance participation at local, regional and national level.
- Creating effective working partnerships with sport bodies to encourage greater opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in physical activity.
Discover more inclusive events and opportunities for people with disabilities on our new ‘Events’ page.
Mary Duignan – Sports Inclusion Disability Officer (SIDO)
Westmeath Sports Partnership
Community Development Section
Westmeath County Council
Áras An Chontae
N91 FH4N Mullingar
Tel: 044 9390208