Join the Get Athlone Walking Group!
Are you looking for a fun and enjoyable way to stay active and explore the beautiful town of Athlone? Look no further! The Get Athlone Walking Group is the perfect opportunity for you to get outdoors, meet new people, and improve your fitness.
NEW!! route AND meeting venue for the month of November 2023.
- Start/Park @ 1045am AppleGreen@B&Q, Athlone N37 V1W7.
- 4.5km = Arcadia – Ballymahon Road – Cresent – Fairgreen – Mardyke St – IrishTown – Northgate St – Abbey Rd – Clonbrusk – Arcadia.
- 3km =Arcadia – Ballymahon Road – Whitegates @Greenway – Abbey Rd – Clonbrusk – Arcadia.
- 2 route options (easy, slight hills) – 3km or 4.5km ; or the extra 3km if you wish for a 7.5km+.
The walking group is open to people of all ages and fitness levels. Whether you’re a local or tourist seasoned walker or just starting out, you’re welcome to join us. We believe in the power of community and the positive impact that walking can have on our physical and mental well-being.
- Wear trainers, warm and rain gear (weather dependent). Stay right while walking.
- Please also wear a HIVIZ vest or bright colours as it’s a busy road and footpath route with roundabouts and junctions.
- Meet for a mineral/coffee afterwards at AppleGreen.
- Please make note of new route, change of meeting point and advised safety rules.
Sunday walks are free and open to everyone of all ages and abilities, children and pets. Spread the word and come join us
Why Join Us?
- Discover hidden gems in Athlone as we explore different routes each week.
- Make new friends who share your passion for walking and staying active.
- Improve your fitness levels and enjoy the numerous health benefits of walking.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and reconnect with nature.
So, grab your comfortable shoes, bring a bottle of water, and join us for a fantastic walking experience in Athlone. Simply show up at the designated location and time. We can’t wait to meet you!