Westmeath Sports Partnership is delighted to be supporting several events for ‘HER Outdoors Week’ from August 14 to August 20.
HER Outdoors Week is supported by Sport Ireland and is encouraging females to #FINDYOUROUTDOORS and to enjoy the wonderful amenities on offer all across Co. Westmeath this August.
This week is all about providing more opportunities for ALL females to escape to the outdoors and try something new. For such a tiny island, there are so many incredible outdoor activities on offer and this should be celebrated to the fullest!
The week is an ideal opportunity for females of all ages and backgrounds to embrace the outdoor activities you already love as well as trying something new from the wide variety of exciting programmes and courses we have on offer.
Westmeath Sports Partnership, in conjunction with several sports’ clubs and community groups across the county, is delighted to be able to offer a diverse range of experiences, catering to both adventure enthusiasts and those seeking leisurely more pursuits.
Westmeath Sports Partnership is proud to support opportunities for all females in their outdoor pursuits whether you are a mother, daughter, sister, auntie, niece or grandmother.
Some of the captivating activities that participants can look forward to during Her Outdoors Week include:
- Come and Try Yoga: Relax and embrace tranquillity and mindfulness with expert-led yoga sessions, providing an opportunity to rejuvenate the body and mind at Gaelscoil An Choillín, Mullingar.
- Mindfulness, Mobility & Kayak Trip: Relax at Mullingar Harbour before taking a gentle kayak trip around the town in association with Midland Triathlon Club and Lakeland Kayaks.
- Women’s Social Walk: FREE 10km (5km each way) social walk along the Old Rail Trail in the flora and fauna of the greenway taking in the Regional Sports Centre trail, the new cycleway bridge and the Athlone town heritage.
- Kayaking: Paddle through the scenic waterways of Co. Westmeath and into an unforgettable kayaking adventure, guided by skilled instructors in a variety of locations including Ballynacargy Harbour, Coosan Point and Lough Owel.
- All-female Canoe Polo exhibition match: Witness the adrenaline-pumping exhibition match between female members of the ever-growing Mullingar Harbour Canoe Polo club where skilled girls and women will showcase their prowess in this dynamic and exciting sport.
- Women’s Social Cycle: Embark on a gentle cycling journey led by female members of the Lakeside Wheelers, exploring the charming countryside while sparking new connections with fellow keen cyclists on a local greenway.
- History and Nature Walk: Women aged 60+ will have the opportunity to uncover the captivating tales of Co. Westmeath’s past during a guided history walk as well as freedom to self-explore the trails at Belvedere House and Gardens.
- Come and Try Orienteering: Test your navigational skills and embark on an exciting orienteering adventure at Athlone Regional Sports Centre.
Her Outdoors Week offers an excellent opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and experience the joy of outdoor pursuits at many of Co. Westmeath’s picturesque surroundings.
Don’t miss this incredible chance to be a part of Her Outdoors Week in Co. Westmeath. Join us from August 14th to 20th and immerse yourself in an unforgettable experience that celebrates the spirit of adventure and the wonders of the great outdoors.