Every year Westmeath Sports Partnership invite applications for their Club Grants Scheme. The maximum grant available per club is €500.
Applications are normally accepted in the final quarter of the year with applicants notified prior to Christmas if they have been successful
Who can apply:
•Sports Clubs/Community Groups/ Voluntary Organisations and Disability Groups based in
• Affiliated sports and physical activity clubs, community groups and disability organisations.
• Clubs and Organisations who operate as a not for profit group and be open for public
Who is ineligible to apply:
- National/Regional/County Governing Bodies/ Statutory agencies.
- For profit groups/commercial organisations / Private Facility owners.
- Applications eligible for funding under other schemes will not be considered. Go for Life, Sports Capital etc.
What can you apply for:
• Proposed initiatives should attract new members and ideally enhance ongoing
• Existing clubs can apply for sports equipment costs to increase participation.
• Set up costs for New Clubs e.g. bibs, cones, training equipment, insurance, registration,
affiliation fees, first aid kit etc.
• Fees for coaching/referee courses accredited by Coaching Ireland or a National Governing
Body of Sport to support the proposed participation initiative.
How are Club Grants applications evaluated
• Priority will be given to supporting new initiatives that result in increased participation.
• Applications with emphasis on participation of WSP target groups : Older Adults; Women;
Teenage Girls; Disadvantaged Communities; People with Disabilities.
• Sustainability and numbers participating.
• Ability to generate own funds to support programme / event
Please note: There is no guarantee of funding of proposals which achieve the minimum
eligibility criteria. The fund is limited, and eligible applications will be evaluated on a
competitive basis against the criteria being applied. The decision of the grant subcommittee
Terms and Conditions
• Successful applicants will be required to submit an expenditure report with supporting
receipts and photos within 6 months of receiving their grant. Failure to submit this report in a
timely manner will omit the applicant from future funding opportunities.
• Clubs/Groups with juvenile members must operate under the basis of best practice for
children in sport : a member of the club must have previously attended a Child Welfare & Protection Awareness course (new clubs must commit to attending training where appropriate).
You can find a list of the 2022 Club Grants recipients here: