Two exciting opportunities for the right person are now available at the Athlone RSC.
Community Sports Hub Coordinator
(Initial 12-month contract – p/t 25 – 39* hours per week)
Westmeath Sports Partnership and Athlone Regional Sports Centre are seeking to engage a Community Sports Hub Coordinator to facilitate the development of their Community Sports Hub.
This post will be to develop the Community Sports Hub, which is based at Athlone Regional Sports Centre, in partnership with Westmeath Sports Partnership and the local community.
The successful candidate will implement a comprehensive plan to promote, attract and develop sustainable programmes and promote the facility as a venue for community sport and physical activity participation.
The main target group will be the socially excluded areas in the surrounding community but will also target older adults, women, people with disabilities etc.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in sports/physical activity and community development with experience of working in the area of sport/fitness/health an advantage.
This initiative is aligned to national and local development plans and Community Sports Hub is funded by Sport Ireland through the Dormant Accounts Fund.
Please send cover letter outlining your suitability for the role along with CV to
Closing date for Applications is 5pm Friday 20th January 2023.
*Note: Hours can be supplemented from 25 to approx. 39 Hours a week if
candidate has suitable Run Coach Experience.
You can find more information here
Head Running Coach
(This is a part time position of 10 – 15 hours a week)
Athlone RSC is one of Irelands leading Fitness facilities and with the recent
addition of its Outdoor Fitness Park, is recruiting for a Head Running Coach
to organise and programme both training and events for walkers / runners of
The participant must possess the following:
- Warmth – Friendly Personality
- Be a Motivator
- Have Running background
- Experience of Meet & Train groups – working across different levels
- Awareness of the standard for each level
- Help runners develop skills, protect their bodies from injury and meet their personal goals
- Comfortable coaching the technical elements of running
- Coaching Qualifications needed – AAI Level 2 would be desirable
- Organisational abilities / events
- Ability to use Training peaks or equivalent
- Be able to use own initiative
- IT Experience
- Will include some weekend work as well as weekday/evenings
- Assistant coaches working under your guidance
If you are interested in the above position, please send cover letter outlining
your experience, and an up to date CV by email, to email@example.com or by
post to Liam Cunningham, General Manager, Athlone RSC, Brawny Road,
Athlone, Co Westmeath by 5pm, Friday 20th January 2023.