Westmeath Sports Partnership are calling for “Expression of Interest” applications under Sport Ireland’s : Resumption of Sporting Activity Fund from Sports Clubs, & Orgs /Comm Groups who provide physical activity opportunities in their communities but are not affiliated to a national organisation or recognised Governing Body where a maximum of €1,500 can be provided to each small club/ community group.
Local clubs affiliated to a NGB, should apply directly to the respective NGB for support under “Scheme 3” and not make an “expression of interest” application under this Local Sports Partnership funding scheme.
Link to online application here : https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
Guidelines & Application Process
Sport Ireland has secured additional Exchequer funding for 2021 to support Sporting Organisations with the impact of COVID 19.
Note : sports clubs that are registered with a National Governing Body, should contact their NGB for funding under scheme 3 and not make an expression of interest application under this Local Sports Partnership funding scheme
Resumption of Sporting Activity Fund
This Restart Fund will be made available to support the return of sport and physical activity post Pandemic. This scheme will support community groups & clubs who may not be affiliated to a national organisation or recognised Governing Body but provide sporting and physical activity opportunities locally.
These grants would cover costs associated with COVID 19 and reopening including insurance, overheads, Covid consumables etc.
A maximum of €1,500 can be provided to each small club/ community group.
Funding needs to be expended by the end of Quarter 1, 2022.
Westmeath Sports Partnership must indicate to Sport Ireland by Tuesday 26th October how much it wishes to apply for on behalf of community groups and clubs who are not affiliated to an NGB.
We are inviting community organisation/group is involved in delivering sporting opportunities, to complete the expression of interest form no later than Thursday 21st October with proposals to a maximum value of €1500.
Terms and Conditions
- Successful applicants will be required to submit an expenditure report with supporting receipts within 10 months of receiving their grant. Failure to submit this report in a timely manner will omit the applicant from future funding opportunities.
- Groups must be affiliated to Westmeath Public Participation Network (WPPN).
- A Tax Number or Charity Number is required for all grants.
- If successful, it is a requirement of all grant funding that Westmeath Sports Partnership is acknowledged as a source of funding in any publications, leaflets, signage, online etc.
- Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Due consideration will be given to ensuring an equitable allocation of funds throughout the county
Ineligible applications include
- Applications from individuals
- National/Regional/County Governing Bodies/ Statutory agency
- For profit groups/commercial organisations
- Private facility owners
- Clubs based outside of County Westmeath